Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Flying to Ecuador with Pets

It turns out that taking your furry friend with you is a daunting task.  I can't take my sweet dog Nick as he is a Boston Terrier and his breed is restricted.  All airlines are very strict on flying with pets and I tried every way possible to make it work.  Epic FAIL.

Plan B:  Drive to Ecuador via the Pan-American Highway.  Ok, lets do this.
Here are the challenges with this?

1. insurance
2. international drivers license
3. Take the Ferry from Colon, Panama to Cartagena, Columbia....wait this was the perfect option but now they are not running as usual due to challenges.  This was the way to ship my car and my pets.  No brainer.  Fingers are crossed and we are awaiting news that we will be able to go this option.
4. 

Stay Tuned.  And Pray




1 comment:

  1. Not sure about my comment showing .
    Hope you are having fun and please update!!

    ReplyDelete